Sunday, April 24, 2011

Top 5 E.l.f Products Review



First of all I'd like to say sorry for the picture quality, I tried my best to get the glare out but as you can see I couldn't avoid it. So, for those of you who don't know what Elf is, it's a brand of cosmetics with ridiculously cheap prices and in my opinion good quality compared to other more expensive drug store brands. I know this brand can be found in Target, but unfortunately I don't live in the states so I can't find Elf anywhere that I've looked. I get my Elf products by ordering online at http://www.eyeslipsface.com/ and you can often get discount codes such as free shipping and half price items. All the products I have shown in the picture are from their 1$ line. Yeah, they sell products for only 1$!

For my first product I recommend buying if you're purchasing something from Elf is the Shimmering Facial Whip. The color that you see in the picture is called Lilac Petal and it is lighter in person than it is in my picture.When I first got this product I thought I wouldn't like it because I wanted more pink shades to use as blush but it turned out to be a perfect highlight! From the names you would think that the color would be a kind of light purple because when you think lilac you think purple but its actually a more sort of beige color that would great for a highlight on my skin tone. The only bad thing i can say about this product is that when I first saw it o the website I thought it was going to be in a bigger tube and i was surprised when I got my package and it was a little bigger than my thumb. But, it was only $1 and since you only use a small amount it should last you a while. Two other colors I would recommend are Spotlight, which is a good highlight for people with lighter skin because it's a white sparkly color and Pink Lemonade, which is a medium pink shade that looks good as a blush. Also if you were wondering all of these shades have shimmer in them so if you don't like shimmer I wouldn't recommend that you buy them. Another thing, for beginners just starting to learn how to highlight make sure this product is well blended in because it can cause harsh lines.

The second product is the false eyelashes from their $1 line. I have tried the natural and the dramatic ones and I'm in love with them both. These lashes come in the colors brown or black and also come with glue. I strongly suggest that you go out and buy your own glue though, the one i use is by Ardel and I think it was around $5. I don't feel like paying $8 or $9 for eyelashes is necessary so I think these ones are really worth trying if you wear false lashes.

The third product is Elfs Eyeshadow Duos. I only added one in the picture but I own them all and I do like some better than others but I think they're great for only $1. If you were wondering the one I have in the picture i in the color Berry Mix and its my favorite out of all of the shades. If you had to chose one of these duos I would go for Berry Mix. I'm not going to list all the shades for you guys but they're all on the web site so you should go check that out and see if you like any of the other ones:)

My fourth product is the Hypershine Gloss and the shade I've shown is Flirt. Well first I'll start off by saying that this lip gloss does have a weird smell that I can't really describe but its not like its a disgusting smell its just a sort of plastic smell, i don't know that's the best way i could describe it. But, it is a good lip gloss and it comes in a bunch of different shades and like I've said for all he other products its only $1. 

Last but not least is the Waterproof Eyeliner Pen which is one of my most favorite products ever from Elf. The applicator is felt and it reminds me kind of like a marker, that might be only me but I feel like I'm using a marker when i use it bu that's what makes it so much easier. Its not messy like liquid liners and its more on the dry side so it wont get all over and you wont have to wait for it to dry or anything which is what i like with eyeliners. This also comes in different shades and you guys should go check that out on the website also:)

I hope this helped some of you on deciding what to get from their website or wherever they sell Elf products near you. If you have any questions comment and I'll reply back to you. Also I'm sorry i didn't do swatches, I'll remember to do that for my next post for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment